Missouri Certificate of Authority: Foreign Corporation

Register a Foreign Corporation in Missouri

If you are a corporation located in another state and want to conduct business in Missouri, you will need a Certificate of Authority to operate in Missouri. This is obtained by filing as a foreign corporation with the Missouri Corporations Division. Once filed, the state of Missouri will return a filed Certificate of Authority to you. A foreign Missouri corporation should not be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed in Missouri is called a foreign corporation.

We charge for the state filing fees plus $100 to prepare and file the foreign Missouri corporation certificate of authority form to the Corporations Division of the Missouri Secretary of State. We will also obtain the forms needed from your home state of incorporation to file your documents.

DIY Foreign Registration

If you want to do the filing yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in Missouri and the foreign corporation form is already in your online account immediately. As an added bonus, we’ve included some tips on how to submit your paperwork with the state. You are required to have a registered agent in Missouri anyway, so we try to make the process simple and easy for you, whether you want us to submit your papers or you want to send them to the Missouri Secretary of State yourself.

How Do I Sign Up?

Simply sign up for our registered agent service first. Next, you can look at the form for foreign corporations in your account online and also at the included filing tips. If you decide not to do the filing yourself, you can click the Add Services tab in your account, and add our filing services for $100 plus the state filing fees. Your account shows real time status of our work in progress. After we are finished with your foreign corporation registration in Missouri, we always upload the filing to your online account, email you a copy, and mail you the original filed documents.